The roofing industry has unfortunately fallen prey to many scammers looking to make a quick buck over the years. This is why it is so important for business owners to take time to do the necessary research before settling on a particular commercial roofing contractor in Dallas, TX. Follow along with this guide for a few tips to keep in mind when looking for a roofer to work with on your building or commercial space:
- Check for referrals: Before hiring a roofing contractor, ask around about the experiences that others have had with the company’s quality of work and customer satisfaction. It is important to check with other companies whose buildings are similar to your own to get the most accurate picture for your project.
- The lowest bidder might not offer the best value: In a quest to save money, it might be tempting to automatically select the lowest bid before doing the necessary research. Abnormally low bids are sometimes proposed by roofing companies that cut corners by doing shoddy work with subpar materials. If this is the case, you could find yourself repairing or replacing a poorly constructed roof not long after installation, so make sure to do your due diligence before signing any contracts.
- Verify certifications, licenses and liability insurance: Proper certification, licensing and insurance coverage not only serves to protect roofing companies, but your commercial building as well. It will be in your best interest to make sure that the company you plan to work with can verify that they have this information, and can show that their previous work has passed inspection. Requiring some type of proof of these certifications and licenses is also a good way to remove any potential scammers from your search, as they typically are neither licensed nor insured.
- Ask questions: Your commercial roof is an important investment, and you should ask as many questions as you need to until you feel completely comfortable with every aspect of the project. Remember that whichever company you select will be working to make sure your roof is exactly as you want it, so communicate as much as you need to throughout the entire process. A good roofing company should be just as willing to communicate with you, so if there is any hesitation in answering any of your preliminary questions, you might need to continue searching.
- Inquire about their safety record: It is vital that any roofing company you work with makes safety a top priority, not only for your building but for your employees and customers as well. Check on the prior safety record of potential contractors and ensure that anyone you choose is properly insured within your state.
With over 25 years of experience, our team at Roofmaster Maintenance & Roofing, Inc. is ready to provide your building with the roofing services you need. As members of the local Chamber of Commerce and affiliates of several different industry organizations, we take pride in our work and deliver only the highest quality workmanship and customer service. To work with commercial roofing contractors in Dallas, TX that can transform your commercial space with roofing services you can rely on, give us a call today.
This post was written by Writer