A new commercial roof is a major investment, so it is only understandable that you would want that new roof to last for as long as possible. Fortunately, you have the power to make that happen. All you have to do is follow a commonsense maintenance schedule, and pay attention to your roof and its surroundings.
So, what exactly does that look like? As a commercial roofing company, we are experts in helping people extend the lives of their commercial roofs. With that in mind, here are six tips for increasing the life of your commercial roof:
- Inspections: If you do not know anything is wrong with your commercial roof, then you cannot do anything to fix it before it causes permanent damage. That is why it is imperative that you have your roof inspected regularly—usually twice a year is a good rule of thumb if you really want to stay on top of the condition of your commercial roof, and avoid pricy commercial roof repairs in Dallas, TX.
- Trim your trees: Do you have large trees with branches that hang over your roof? Leaves and other debris from these trees can easily gum up your roof—and of course, there is always the chance that a branch could fall on your roof, causing major damage. Avoid these issues by having those trees trimmed regularly.
- Remove debris: Even if you do trim your trees, it’s inevitable that some amount of leaves and debris will end up on your roof. Go up to your roof every few months—or hire someone to do it for you—and scrape off this debris. This will ensure your roof stays in strong condition longer.
- Routine maintenance: There is more to maintaining a roof than just cleaning it. You also need to replace any missing shingles or other components as soon as possible. You already ought to be inspecting your roof every six months. If you notice missing or broken pieces, take the opportunity to replace or fix them right away, before you forget.
- Install ventilation: Installing ventilation in your roof will help to reduce heat buildup, enhance the roof’s airflow, and protect it in the event of seasonal weather shifts. This all adds up to extending the life of your roof, meaning it is an investment that is well worth the extra cost.
- Trust the professionals: Some of the items listed above are things you can do yourself, but no matter how handy you are, the professionals are always going to be more knowledgeable and experienced. This is why we recommend that our clients count on us for regular roof maintenance, inspections and repairs. If you want to avoid expensive commercial roof repairs in Dallas, TX and make sure your roof lasts for a good, long time, then trust the experts to help.
You should now have a solid understanding of what it takes to keep your roof in solid shape for longer. If you have any additional questions, feel free to get in touch with Roofmaster Maintenance & Roofing, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Commercial Roofing
This post was written by Writer