As a business person, you know the importance of building upkeep and hiring the right people for the job. When it comes to needing commercial roof work, don’t take chances on low quality roofers. Here are five tips for choosing the right commercial roofing contractor in Dallas, TX:
- Get recommendations: A quick and effective way to collect a list of potential commercial roofing contractors is to ask the people you know for recommendations. Ask friends, family and other commercial property owners about the roofing companies they have worked with in the past, whether they are worth a meet and greet, what their work ethic is like and about their methods of communication. Another place to get recommendations is on the internet, including online forums. Check out the things that clients have to say about a particular contractor—both the good and the bad.
- Verify licenses and certificates: It’s crucial that the roofing company you select for your project can show up-to-date proof that they are licensed to practice roofing work in your state. This proof should include both liability coverage and worker’s compensation, both of which are critical in the event of an accident on your property. Every single employee must be trained and certified. Another thing to note is that commercial buildings go through regular inspections, especially for health and safety. You may run into problems with your state or county if your commercial roof doesn’t pass inspections.
- Ask for referrals: A company is not going to advertise subpar products or services, but anyone can say they are “great.” To be sure you are indeed hiring the best commercial roofers in town, reach out to satisfied customers. The company you are interested in hiring should have a list of past and current clients who are willing to vouch for their customer service and workmanship. Take the list and call each person on it.
- Don’t automatically go for the lowest bid: Although getting bids for your project takes extra time, it’s well worth it to do so. Get at least three bids from different companies to see what they have to offer and for how much, and don’t be tempted to choose the lowest bid without considering the other offers. Sure, taking this route may save you money, but the lowest bidder is not always going to provide the greatest value. Likely reasons for low bids may include using subpar materials or untrained workers and cutting corners elsewhere. This will end up costing you a lot more money down the road, or worse, lead to total roof failure.
- Ask all your questions: You’re a business owner, not a professional commercial roofer. As such, it would behoove you to ask a bunch of questions before hiring, and definitely prior to starting a project. Start with asking how long a company have been in business and whether they hire third party workers or use an in-house team.
If you are in search of a professional commercial roofing contractor in Dallas, TX, look no further than the team at Roofmaster Maintenance & Roofing, Inc. Call us today to arrange a consultation!
Categorised in: Commercial Roofing
This post was written by Writer