Autumn is here—the season of colored leaves, jack-o-lanterns and pumpkin pie. This year, make sure roof repairs are also included on that list. The fall season is actually the best time to fix any major issues with the roof of your commercial property. Making the fix now will ensure your roof is prepared for the upcoming winter season, in addition to lowering heating costs and saving energy. Plus, the mild temperatures make the difficult job much more comfortable for your commercial roofing contractor in Dallas, TX.
You should consider having any necessary roof repairs or replacements done this autumn for the following reasons:
- Prepare for winter: Any pre-existing damage to the roof of your commercial building will only get worse during the rough winter season. The amount of missing and broken shingles will likely double after just one big storm. It’s smart to complete any needed repairs before the fall season ends. This way, you will have the peace of mind knowing the roof is prepared to handle whatever Jack Frost throws its way.
- Perfect conditions: Roofing experts all agree that 45 to 50 degrees is the best temperature range for installing new roofing. This is even more important when installing asphalt shingles. The mild temperatures and drier conditions help the asphalt shingles with the thermal sealing process. This will ensure the shingles are safely adhered to the roof. Additionally, your contractor will thank you, as the conditions will be much more favorable than the hot summer temperatures or frigid winter winds.
- Proper sealing: New shingles need ample time to adequately bond to the roof. Completing the installation in the fall will provide more than enough time for the shingles to adequately seal and insulate the building from moisture and cold temperatures.
- Shingle quality: Shingles become brittle and are more likely to break in cold temperatures. Just nailing the shingle to the roof could cause it to crack, which could lead to delays and dramatically inflate the cost of the project.
- Save on heating costs: A dilapidated roof is a vulnerable point for warm air to leak out of your home while the cold outside air sneaks in. Fixing the roof will help keep the heat from escaping, keeping the building cozy and comfortable without having to crank up the heater. Not only will this conserve energy usage, but it will also help keep your monthly utility bills low. The energy savings could even offset part of the cost of the repair.
Consult your commercial roofing contractor in Dallas, TX if you’re not sure whether your roof needs repairs or a possible replacement. They will be able to inspect the roof and identify any problems before recommending the best course of action.
Call Roofmaster Maintenance & Roofing, Inc. today to learn more about our reliable, affordable and professional roof repair services. We’ll help get your roof in top shape now so it’s ready to handle whatever the fall and winter seasons have in store!
This post was written by Writer