The day has arrived that most homeowners dread: your home needs a new roof. You’ve put it off as long as you can, but the investment must be made. The good news is, you have access to top-quality roofing contractors in Dallas, TX. The bad news is, not every contractor is worthy of your trust. How can you know whom to hire for your roofing project? Use the following tips. This guide will help you vet various contractors and find the one you can count on to get the job done right:
- Ask around: Who did your neighbors hire when they got a new roof? Which roofing contractor in Dallas, TX did your family members call on for their project? Ask people you know and trust for their recommendations for local roofing contractors. A solid reference from friends and family is a good sign that the contractor is reliable.
- Ask the Better Business Bureau: Look up any company you are considering on the BBB’s website. Check their rating. If they have no rating or a poor rating, take your business elsewhere. In some cases, contractors without a certain BBB rating can lose their certification.
- Ask for a guarantee: How does the contractor back up their work? Do they offer manufacturer warranties? Will they cover costs for mistakes and future repairs? A reputable company will make sure you are satisfied with the work and will stand behind what they do.
- Ask for documentation: A solid roofing contractor in Dallas, TX should have proper licensing and insurance. If they cannot produce the requested documentation, move on to another company. This is not an unusual or unrealistic request. They should have this paperwork available and easily be able to produce it for verification.
- Ask for experience: What type of experience does the contractor have? How much experience do their employees have? Make sure they are familiar with the type of roofing project you have in mind and that you aren’t their first job. A roof is a significant investment, and you want experienced professionals who will provide quality service.
- Ask for manufacturer designations: Contractors who pass certain requirements can be factory-certified by a manufacturer. Look for these designations that indicate a manufacturer considers a contractor worthy of an elite title. This can offer further proof that the roofing contractor in Dallas, TX is established and reliable.
- Ask for it in writing: As you request bids and hire a roofing contractor in Dallas, TX, be sure to get everything in writing. A verbal quote is no good. Get all estimates in writing and, once you agree to one, get the final contract in writing, too. It should cover everything that is included in the project, the total cost, the timeline and any warranties provided.
As you search for top roofing contractors in Dallas, TX, consider the expert team at Roofmaster Maintenance & Roofing, Inc. We offer in-depth industry knowledge and experience to deliver top-quality products and services, every time. Contact us today to get started on your next project.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors
This post was written by Writer