Is your roof in need of TLC? Is it time to replace it entirely? Since this is a significant investment, property owners want to know if roof replacement in Dallas, TX is essential before they spend the dollars required for this hefty project.
If you’re unsure whether or not you need a new roof, look for these warning signs. These red flags will let you know that it’s time to call your local roofing experts for roof replacement:
- Curled shingles: Healthy shingles are flat. They offer a smooth roof surface to protect your property. If your shingles are no longer flat but are curled at the edges or have cupped tabs, this is an issue. Water and debris can get underneath these misshapen shingles and cause damage to your property. Don’t wait for the problem to worsen. Contact a local roofing contractor for roof replacement in Dallas, TX.
- Age: How old is your roof? Many roofing materials are made to last, but they still have a limited lifespan. Certain conditions can also shorten the life of sturdy materials, such as improper ventilation or severe weather. If your roof is at least 20 years old, it’s probably time for a new one. Contact a roofing expert to examine your roof and offer a professional opinion on whether or not it’s time for roof replacement in Dallas, TX.
- Neighborhood construction: Have you noticed that many of your neighbors are getting new roofs? If your homes were built around the same time, it might mean your roof is nearing the end of its life, too. Another possibility is that weather conditions have damaged roofs in your area. It might be time to call your insurance provider to inspect your roof for damage caused by a storm. Either way, it’s likely time for roof replacement.
- Missing shingles: Perhaps your shingles aren’t curled. Maybe they are missing entirely. Tree branches and high winds can rip away shingles. If you need to replace a shingle or two, your local roofing contractor in Dallas, TX can do this without replacing the entire roof. However, after several repairs, your roof may start to look like a checkerboard. If you need many shingles replaced, you may want to consider replacing the entire roof for a more attractive result.
- Sagging roof: If your roof is sagging, act quickly. A sagging roof can indicate a problem with your foundation supports or the roof decking. This could create a hazardous living or working situation and lead to additional repairs. Contact a roofing expert right away for roof replacement in Dallas, TX.
If you notice any of these red flags, don’t hesitate to contact the pros. Waiting will only make the problem worse and more expensive to repair down the road. At Roofmaster Maintenance & Roofing, Inc., our team can provide expert advice on roof replacement in Dallas, TX. Contact us today to determine if you need a few minor repairs or an entire roof replacement. We are ready to answer all your roofing questions and keep your property safe and solid.
Categorised in: Roof Replacement
This post was written by Writer