Your roof is your business’ first line of defense. It works day and night to protect your business property against the elements and intruders. That is why it’s so important that you take care of any issues as soon as disaster strikes. Whether it’s just a simple leak or a severely damaged roof, you need a professional who will provide high quality work that is guaranteed to last. But finding a reputable commercial roofing company can be challenging. Many businesses don’t have your best interests at heart, and are only interested in quickly turning a profit. Failing to properly screen a company you hire could leave you paying more than necessary or receiving low quality service.
Following these six simple tips can help you choose the right company for commercial roof repairs in Dallas, TX:
- Look locally: The best contractor will not only have a local location, but also an established reputation within your community. Unfortunately, some fly-by-night businesses will be out of sight long before your roof’s standard five-year warranty period comes to an end. The warranty is only good if the company will honor it, which is why it’s so important that you choose someone you know will be there when you need them.
- Consider experience: Roofing is hard work. A high quality roofer will have years of training and on-the-job experience. This knowledge prepares them to deal with any situation that could arise during commercial roof repairs in Dallas, TX.
- Always ask for recommendations: Ask your friends and family for recommendations. They will be able to provide you with honest insight into any companies they have used in the past and whether their work has stood up to the test of time. This will provide you with the best picture of a company’s customer service and workmanship.
- Insurance isn’t debatable: Never consider a roofing company that doesn’t carry worker’s compensation and liability insurance. Always ask to see the certificate, and call their insurance carrier to confirm it is still valid. Without this, you could find yourself facing thousands of dollars in unexpected costs if something were to go wrong.
- Price should not be the sole deciding factor: Just because it’s the lowest price doesn’t mean it’s the best. A ridiculously low price is often a red flag of other issues. Oftentimes, the low bidding companies use low quality materials or shoddy installation techniques to keep costs low. Always ask the company how they arrived at the estimate before signing anything. Typically, more middle-of-the-road pricing is generally the safer bet.
- Get everything in writing: A reputable roofing company will have you sign a written agreement detailing the scope of the project, the estimated price and the anticipated completion date before getting started. This document is crucial, as it communicates a written understanding of what you can and should expect from them, and for what price.
Take the stress out of choosing a roofing company by selecting the experts at Roofmaster Maintenance & Roofing, Inc. to handle your commercial roof repairs in Dallas, TX. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Commercial Roofing
This post was written by Writer